Lakeridge Run Yard of the Month Program
The purpose of the Yard of the Month Program is to promote goodwill and reward exemplary lawn and property maintenance in the Lakeridge Run neighborhood. The Program will recognize and support Lakeridge Run neighbors who demonstrate exceptional efforts to maintain and improve their property in a manner that contributes to the overall appearance of the community at large.
Yard of the Month candidates will be judged solely on the total exterior appearance of their property and front yard as viewed from the street. General upkeep of the yard and property is paramount.
The program will be managed by a Yard of the Month Committee of volunteers chaired by a Director who will Chair the Committee and oversee the program.
All current Lakeridge Run properties are automatically eligible by default.
- Award winners are selected based on the judging criteria, factors and guidelines listed on this document.
- The upkeep of the yard can reflect the efforts of the residents themselves or that of a professional landscaper or groundskeeper.
- An award duration term is approximately a single calendar month and runs until the following month winner has been notified. Durations may vary due to judging schedules and holidays.
- Recipients receiving awards in the middle of the month shall be asked to surrender the "yard of the Month" sign once the following month winner has been selected.
- The same property cannot receive more than one award in the same rolling twelve-month calendar period. At least 12 months must elapse between awards for the same yard.
- House and property must be in good order and upkeep.
- Yard of the Month winners must be current with their Association dues.
- Winners may be disqualified if their property is in violation of any HOA covenants or city regulations.
- While an individual's home is being recognized as a LRNA "Yard of the Month," they are expected to maintain their yard in the same manner that allowed them to win the title.
- Winners must be willing to have photos of their yard taken and published in the Neighborhood Newsletter and on the LRNA website.
- Street curbs and areas must be swept and trash free.
General Judging Factors
Factors include the overall appearance, tidiness and neatness of the front of the property as evidenced by pruned, trimmed and shaped foliage, edged and defined lawns, borders & flowerbeds, and a visually appealing facade. Judges will utilize the following factors when selecting Yard of the Month candidates:
- Yard Maintenance
- Healthy lawn, neatly mowed and edged
- Pruned and trimmed shrubs and trees
- Healthy, living plants (native/ xeriscaping)
- Minimum weeds in flowerbeds
- Yard free of debris and clutter
- Driveway free of oil and other stains
- Buildings, fences, porches, and patios on the property are in good repair
- House numbers are displayed attractively
- Design and Landscaping
Use of color and texture
- Creative, unique curb appeal
- Balance appropriate to house and lot size
- Overall aesthetic appeal
- Pleasing appearance making the property an asset to the community
- Holiday Spirit
- Use of materials – lights, sounds, inflatables, figures, etc.
- Creative use of holiday imagery and symbols
- Unique, inventive and thoughtful layout
Award winners will generally be selected as close to the beginning of the month as possible.
All award winners receive an official "Yard of the Month" lawn-sign, to be placed on their property for the duration of their award. Winners will receive a write-up in the Neighborhood Newsletter.
The LNRA congratulates all "Yard of the Month" award selections and encourages all neighbors to join the efforts of these homeowner’s in keeping their yards and homes beautiful.
All residents of the Lakeridge Run neighborhood are eligible to be Yard of the Month Volunteer Judges. The Yard of the Month Committee Chair (Director) will serve as a Judge or will designate the Volunteer Judges a month(s) for which they will select and nominate two to three candidates as potential winners.
- Judges will utilize the Criteria, Factors and Guidelines within in this document to select Yard of the Month candidates.
- The Chair (Director) will communicate with the current LRNA members to ascertain whether any of their candidates are delinquent in their Association dues or are in violation of any covenants or regulations.
- Judges will advise the Yard of the Month Committee Chair of their selection prior to notifying the homeowner/resident. Judges’ decisions are final following review by the Chair for eligibility.
- Volunteer Judges will provide the Yard of the Month Committee Chair with the following:
- Names of the residents of the property.
- Three to five photographs of the yard suitable for Newsletter and website publication.
- A short narrative describing the yard and what makes it deserving of the Yard of the Month award.
The Lakeridge Run Neighborhood Association is dedicated to improving the quality of living and appearance of our community. We encourage residents to take pride in their homes and neighborhood. In turn, we look to celebrate those who do a superior job in maintaining their yards in such a way that they enhance the overall curb appeal of the entire community.
Approved by LNRA: June 3, 2015 Michelle Mohler, board member
It is important that all LR homeowners do their
part in keeping the Lakeridge Run neighborhood looking good. This means each
property must be maintained in accordance with all the codes and rules of the
Lakeridge Run covenants, as well as city codes.
Keep in mind that if you do not maintain at the
levels of these codes you will pay for the service to fix the problem and incur
legal fees as well; all of which can put a lien on your property if not paid.
This is done to protect the property values of all the homes in the neighborhood
and not allow one house to bring down the overall appearance or value of others.
One of the responsibilities of LRNA, according to
the bylaws, is to enforce compliment of covenants. This means that the neighborhood
depends on the rules being followed by all who live or own property in LR. Remember,
when you signed your purchase agreement you legally
agreed to abide by the covenants without
Violation notices will be
handed out in person, by letter, or left on your door. The
address and violation(s) is recorded at the time for follow-u inspection. Anyone
receiving a notice must correct the problem within ten days. If you receive such
a notice and need to visit with an LRNA representative, please send an email
to LRNA@cox.net and someone will get back to you for a personal visit.